Instructor & Media/marketing
2nd season with J'adore
Get to know Miss Michele:
- Michele trained with Studio Director, Lauren, for twelve years and then started the J’adore journey with Lauren, Katie, and Alice in 2010 as a student.
- 16 years of training in ballet, tap, jazz, modern, and lyrical.
- Attended Thomas Dale’s Specialty Center Dance Program in high school.
- Member of the J’adore Dance Project (2010-2012).
- Graduated from James Madison University with a degree in Media Arts & Design. Michele now helps out with our website design, social media and other graphic design work.
- Loves everything RVA- mostly her tiny apartment and the yummy restaurants.
What do you hope your students get out of your class and why do you love teaching at J’adore?
I hope they leave class feeling proud. The best part of being a teacher is watching your students improve as the year goes on and watching them have that moment of excitement and clarity when they get something they’ve been working so hard on. I also hope they know how special they are to me. I remember so clearly what it’s like to be a student and what a special bond you form with your teachers.
I love teaching at J’adore because it’s my outlet to do what I absolutely love – dance. I loved my college years, but I always felt like something was missing from my life. Teaching at J’adore and being around the other talented teachers and students has reunited me with my passion in life.
Describe your class at J'adore.
I primarily teach children’s classes, so my goal is for them to leave class feeling excited and confident. I do this by making class fun while focusing on strong and proper technique. A lot my class is based on what I learned growing up in this setting and I am grateful to continue to learn from the core staff of J’adore.