Get to know Miss Lauren:
- 30 years of dance training in ballet, jazz, tap, and modern.
- Lauren has been teaching in the Richmond area for over 15 years. Her love and passion for the performing arts and dance education has touched the lives of many aspiring performers and dancers.
- Lauren’s dynamic choreography and students are known throughout the area and are continuously recognized on the regional and national level. At J’adore, Lauren is not only reaching out to students in the classroom, but oversees curriculum, and serves as director for the studio’s very own performing and competitive company, The J’adore Dance Project.
- Adjunct teacher at Appomattox Regional Governor's School Summer Program
- Judge for Starbound National Talent Competition
- Mom to Maddox (10) and Avery (7) and gained two beautiful daughters, Neveah (9) and Madison (7) when she married her husband, Kevin, who is an active part of the studio.
- Lauren adores her dog, "Karma," a lazy, but sweet, American Bulldog.
- Broadway junkie. Her favorite is 42nd Street!
Lauren Czajkowski-Gareau has been and remains the driving force behind J’adore Dance. Her dream of opening a school where both recreational and pre-professional dancers would have a platform to grow became a reality in 2010. Since then, the studio has grown quickly in both size and reputation, housing many talented dancers from all over the area. Under Lauren’s direction, J’adore Dance has grown into one of the most sought after schools in central Virginia.
All types of art, music, colors, and different cultures inspire me to move and feel differently. She loves live theater, attending the ballet, and watching anything and everything that holds production value. Inspirations are everywhere, but her most favorite are those that lie in her J'adore dancers and fellow faculty members. Her mentor, the one and only, Judy Rice, has become not only a dear friend, but a huge inspiration.
Lauren gives credit and love to her dearest friend and fellow dancer, Gabrielle Sullivan, for her timeless efforts in planning the "J'adore dream," prior to its opening. Gabrielle remains a huge inspiration to Lauren and the ideas behind J'adore Dance.
Describe your class at J'adore:
My passion lies in teaching and choreographing. Teaching the importance of proper technique and how to properly use the body is the center of not only my class, but the J'adore curriculum. Aside from learning the technique and craft of dance, the journey of learning to better yourself as a person is the foundation of all my work. I emphasize the importance of self respect, respect to your craft, hard work, and dedication to all of my students.