Katelyn Hundley Czajkowski
Get to know Katie:
- At J'adore's inception, Katie continued her training in both dance and studio management, working along side Lauren & Alice as the Assistant Director to both the school and business. She is also the Assistant Director of J'adore's competitive company, The J'adore Dance Project.
- As Director of J'adore's Adaptive Dance Program, Katie is a huge advocate for providing outlets and artistic education for children with special needs.
- Trained locally in Richmond, Virginia in ballet, jazz, modern, hip hop, and tap. She specializes in the genre of contemporary.
- Professional photographer, through her own photography business, Katelyn Hundley Photography.
- Katie is known for her unique and powerful choreography. She holds several choreography awards on regional and national levels. She continues to bring cutting edge movement to both the Company and ATP students of J'adore, year after year.
- Katie and her husband, Alex welcomed their first child into the world this year- a baby girl, Wyatt Evelyn.
- Sushi, roller coasters, and her cat, "Turtle," are a few of her favorite things!
Describe your class at J'adore:
My typical class is structured fun. I teach the classical aspects of ballet paired with a modern and jazz understanding of how it relates to art and dance today. To me, dance is all about technique and freedom, you can’t have one without the other.
What do you hope your students get out of your class and why do you love teaching at J’adore?
I hope all of my students leave my class feeling loved and special. I think it's important for children of all ages to have an outlet where they feel successful and strong. Each class is taught through a curriculum, but packed with fun. Nothing brings me more joy than watching a dancer accomplish new movement and material. J'adore is a second home to me. Here, I am able to explore my passion and work with some of my closet friends and family.