Katelyn Hundley Czajkowski
Get to know Katie:
- Over 10 years of teaching experience from the youngest dancer to the most advanced.
- At J'adore's inception in 2010, Katie came on board to continue her training in both dance education and studio management, working along side Lauren & Alice as the Assistant Director to both the school and business. She is also the Assistant Director of J'adore's competitive company, The J'adore Dance Project.
- As the Director of J'adore's Adaptive Dance Program, Katie is a huge advocate for providing outlets and artistic education for children with special needs.
- Trained locally in Richmond, Virginia in ballet, jazz, modern, hip hop, and tap. She specializes in the genre of contemporary.
- Professional photographer, through her own photography business, Katelyn Hundley Photography.
- Katie is known for her unique and powerful choreography. She holds numerous choreography awards on both regional and national levels. She continues to bring cutting edge movement to both the Company and ATP students of J'adore, year after year.
- Katie and her husband, Alex, have a 1 year old daughter, Wyatt Evelyn.
- Sushi, roller coasters, and her cat, "Turtle," are a few of her favorite things!
Describe your class at J'adore:
My typical class is structured fun. I teach the classical aspects of ballet paired with a modern and jazz understanding of how it relates to art and dance. To me, dance is all about the marriage between technique and freedom, you have to find harmony in the way they mesh together.
What do you hope your students get out of your class and why do you love teaching at J’adore?
I hope all of my students leave my class feeling accomplished, loved, and proud. I think it's important for children of all ages to have an outlet where they feel successful and strong. Each class is taught through a curriculum, but packed with fun. Nothing brings me more joy than watching a dancer grasp new movement and material. J'adore is a second home to me. Here, I am able to explore my passion and work with some of my closest friends and family.