HIP HOP INSTRUCTOR
5th year with J'adore
Get to know Miss Deandra:
- Trained in LA at Millennium Dance Complex and Debbie Reynolds Dance Studio.
- Bachelors Degree in Mass Communications with a focus in Radio Broadcasting from Virginia Commonwealth University
- She spent four years as an on-air personality with BTJ 106.5 The BEA radio station.
- Deandra began her professional career in dance choreography by founding 4 The Streetz Choreography in 2003.
- Co-Owner of MOVE! Dance Workshops, a traveling dance workshop series that makes stops all over the country, providing hip hop and contemporary masterclasses for aspiring and semi-professional dancers from established choreographers in the industry.
- She is also the Co-Owner of DE, LLC where she is an entertainment agent and manages the careers and brands of professional entertainers and those within the entertainment industry. DE has recently provided talent for MTV’s “Silent Library,” MTV’s “GYT: Get Yourself Tested” PSA campaign and several Fashion Week runway shows and events throughout the United States.
- Deandra is the director, choreographer and coach for two sports dance teams: Hampton Roads Sharks (minor league basketball team) and Virginia Hornets (minor league football team).
- Dance Team Coach for Midlothian High School Trojanettes
- Choreographer and dancer for the Opening Act of the Lil Romeo/Nick Cannon Tour in Philadelphia, PA.
- Deandra loves to play flag football while she is not teaching.
Describe your class at J'adore:
I love to bring new choreography to my classes each week. Each class, the students get the chance to try something new since the combinations change often. This helps them to learn how to retain choreography and become well-rounded with new styles.
What do you hope your students get out of your class and why do you love teaching at J’adore?
I never wanted a personal career as a dancer; I've always wanted to help others achieve dance success. The students at J'adore, in every single age group, are an absolute joy to teach. It's a pleasure to share our love of dance with them, and them with us.